Sunday, April 21, 2013

Flash back!

So tonight I have been going through some of my old journals and had quite the walk down memory lane! I am working on a activity for the young women to learn more about the importance of temple marriage.  So we are making time capsules they can open once they are engaged.  I am having them write down goals for the future and then a letter to their future husband. I remembered that some where in a old Journal I had wrote a letter to my future husband.  So I was on a mission to find it! After almost killing myself by getting to all my boxed up stuff in our dungeon of a basement, ( maybe thats a clue I need to clean down there)  I found the gold mine of journals! Oh man reading some of my old entries made me laugh.  Reading what 19 year old Mandy wanted in life sure gave me something to think about.  I read through a good 10 years of my life tonight. From my conversion to the gospel, days in the singles wards, life at BUY-I, to my wonderful mission experience and my post mission life.  I do have to say that I had some good goals set for myself! Some I accomplished, some i did not, but the most important things or should I say the most eternal things I have stayed true to.  I can gladly report that my main goals I consistently wrote about was, 1. Stay converted to the gospel. 2. Never settle for anything less than a temple marriage. 3. Be the best wife and mother as possible and 4. Keep family first, always! 

Now I know I have so much to improve on, but I am glad that I have been blessed enough to accomplish those goals. I. Am so so gratefully for my temple marriage! Reading my journals, hopes for marriage  and a family was talked about A LOT!  It seemed like I had to wait forever for Bryan! But he was so worth the wait! My pleadings to my Heavenly Father for the best husband was defiantly heard!  Bryan is so much more than I ever dreamed of.  I am so glad we are sealed together for eternity! That knowledge of knowing that  as we remain worthy that what ever happens we will be will be together forever brings me so much peace! The world is getting worse everyday, so much evil has hardened mens hearts. But we have something that no man can ever take from us, we have eternity! That thought empowers me, makes me want to be better! Most of all it makes me so grateful for what blessed I have.  I am so excited to see what the next 10 years of Journals will have in them! 

No comments: